OA San Fernando Valley Mission Statement
To support individuals in need of recovery from compulsive eating (e.g.: overeating, bulimia, anorexia) through empowering all meetings within the Intergroup.
OA San Fernando Valley Intergroup Purpose
The purpose of OASFVI is to promote the unity within the Intergroup, to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, to be aware of and serve the needs of member Groups and to carry the message of Overeaters Anonymous to the compulsive overeater who still suffers, by:
- Furthering the OA program in accordance with the Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions, and Twelve Concepts of OA.
- Maintaining a Communication Center for the Intergroup.
- Providing a format for selection of Board Officer nominees.
- Providing unity of Groups and organization of Groups within the Intergroup.
- Conducting various recovery events that help further the aims of the Intergroup and member Groups.